This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Long Term Acute Care 001 - Full-Time Night 36 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess-Pipp Hospital - Plainwell, MI
6pm - 6am, every 3rd holiday, every 3 weekend.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse - Long Term Acute Care with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in the long term care setting in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Recognizes that each patient is a unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and that the Registered Nurse assures patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individual's health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through the life span.
- The scope of nursing practice includes the teaching, direction, and supervision of less skilled personnel in the performance of delegated nursing activities. Delegates the acts, tasks or functions and bears the responsibility for the acts, tasks, or functions within the scope of delegation.
- Accountable to the ethical and professional standards as defined in the ANA Code for Nurses, the ANA Nursing's Social Policy Statement, the State of Michigan Public Health Code, and the ANA and Specialty Nursing Standards of Clinical Practice. Accountable to the standards set by Borgess Health as defined in the Administrative, Patient Care and Biosafety Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- To supervise, provide and coordinate nursing care in compliance with facility policies and procedures and to assess residents' care needs and take appropriate action.
- Accountable to adhering to the standards set by regulatory agencies such as but not limited to The Joint Commission (TJC), Conditions of Participation of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMH), and Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MIOSHA).
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Prefer ACLS within the first 6 months of employment.
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.