We Are Hiring
Ascension Borgess Hospital - Ascesion Borgess Pediatrics is looking for a full time Pediatrician Physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Borgess Hospital
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with up to 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Borgess Hospital has a compassionate, personalized approach to pediatrics care.
- Clinic is open Monday – Friday (flexible weekly schedule available as well as FT/PT)
- Strong referral base and collaboration with Family Medicine, Ob/Gyn, and nursery team.
- Ascension Borgess is 422 Bed Facility with level II nursery and neonatologist on staff
- Telehealth opportunities are available
- Our physicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, a lucrative compensation package, and excellent work/life balance
- Each physician has a dedicated MA and APP support
- Each clinic team consists of Physicians, MA, APPs, Nurse Coordinators, Social Workers, clinical pharmacists and more.
- Cerner EMR/ Dragon Dictation
- OUTPATIENT ONLY
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Promptly communicates significant changes in patient condition to Primary Care Provider and/or Specialist. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Coordinates coverage schedule in collaboration with others that will provide coverage 365 days per year. Provides coverage for unexpected absences or during exceptionally high patient volumes.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Office Locations include (non rotating)
- Three Rivers
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drug Enforcement Admin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician MD/DO obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed CSR-Prescriptive Authority obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Doctor of Medicine
- MD/DO Degree is required as of hire date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff OfficePost-graduate degree of medical management is preferred
Work Experience: 1-2 years preferred experience, New graduates welcomed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)