We Are Hiring
We are hiring a full-time Pediatrician to join our elite team in the Kalamazoo service area.
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Borgess Hospital has a compassionate, personalized approach to pediatrics care.
- Clinic is open Monday – Friday (flexible weekly schedule available as well as FT/PT)
- Strong referral base and collaboration with Family Medicine, Ob/Gyn, and nursery team. Ascension Borgess is 422 Bed Facility with level II nursery
- Telehealth opportunities are available
- Our physicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, a lucrative compensation package, and excellent work/life balance
- Each physician has a dedicated MA and APP support
- Each clinic team consists of Physicians, MA, APPs, Nurse Coordinators, Social Workers, clinical pharmacists and more.
- Cerner EMR
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with to up 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU
About ASCENSION BORGESS HOSPITAL
Join our Community
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424 bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drug Enforcement Admin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician MD/DO obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed CSR-Prescriptive Authority obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Doctor of Medicine
- MD/DO Degree is required as of hire date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff OfficePost-graduate degree of medical management is preferred
Work Experience: 1-2 years preferred, new graduates considered
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)