We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin - Ascension Northland Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is looking for a Full Time General Orthopedic Surgeon to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Saint Mary’s Hospital
- Not-for-profit Hospital committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- Beautiful facility with state-of-the-art equipment including an XI Da Vinci Robot
- Onsite services include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Rheumatology, General Surgery, Neurology, OBGYN, Podiatry, Inpatient Psychiatry, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Oncology, Hospitalist, Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine
- Additional Primary Care Clinics and Ascension Hospitals in service area include Tomahawk, Crandon, Eagle River and Woodruff
- Orthopedics, Physiatry, Behavioral Health, and Outpatient Psychiatry available at off site clinics in the community
- Trauma Level 3 and licensed for 73 beds
- Nationally ranked for Quality, Safety and Timeliness of Care
- Quintessential small-town charm with unspoiled natural beauty only 4 hours from Milwaukee, 3 hours from Madison and 4 hours from Minneapolis
- Located at the junction of the Wisconsin and Pelican Rivers creating endless outdoor recreational activities both on water and on land
- Rhinelander-Oneida County Airport serves the area with daily flights to Minneapolis
- Home of Nicolet College, a two-year community college with over 50 degree, diplomas and certificate programs
- Thriving art and music scene – check out Artstartrhinelander.org
- Quality public and private K-12 schools
- Well established community employers creating stable economic diversity
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Northland Orthopedic and Sports Medicine is seeking a full-time BC/BE general Orthopedic Surgeon to join our well-established group in beautiful Northen Wisconsin.
- General Orthopedic Surgical practice with varied case mix
- Collaborative practice composed of highly skilled general orthopedic surgeons and advanced practice clinicians, as well as a sports medicine fellow trained physiatrist
- Team-based care with dedicated, experienced support staff
- Longstanding and thriving referral base
- Comprehensive rehabilitation program
- Strong alliance with surgical team and dedicated OR blocks
- Solid and vested community presence
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Board eligible/certified in Orthopedics
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement