We Are Hiring
EEG Technician - Neurology Services Anc
Part-Time, Day: schedule most likely Mondays/Tuesday, with ability to cover other shifts, On-call every third weekend
Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to, under minimal supervision and according to established procedure, operate electroencephalograph (EEG) machine as well as Evoked Potential Machine, performing complex procedures such as electro-cerebral silences, visual and brain stem auditory evoked response testing. Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- 1. Reviews and analyzes patients medical history via chart/interview.
- 2. Positions patients, explains procedures, measures head, attaches electrodes and instructs patients.
- 3. Operates electroencephalograph machine, obtains recording, adjusts, monitors and records frequency, filter and sensitivity levels.
- 4. Must posses ability to identify and eliminate extraneous/intrinsic data, artifact etc.
- 5. Prepares test record for interpretation with necessary information, paper work etc.
- 6. Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Cleans equipment, minor repairs etc.
- 7. Performs related clerical duties i.e. scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking and relaying messages, inventory, filing etc.
- 8. Ability to perform ECS testing.
- 9. Computer literate and ability to type.
- 10. Ability to perform visual and brain stem auditory evoked response testing, and willingness to expand knowledge to include somatosensory testing and IOM's keeping knowledge and abilities current regarding new technology and techniques.
- Essential Functions:
- 1. Mobility skills to move from department with heavy bulky equipment to patients room, including ability to rapidly initiate and complete testing, ability to lift, support and position and transport patients for testing.
- 2. Manual dexterity to perform testing and manipulation of equipment.
- 3. Organizational skills, observation and problem solving abilities to perform testing, assess patients medical condition and history.
- 4. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, families and supervisors.
- 5. Effective written communication skills, analytic. confidentiality abilities.
- 6. Ability to walk, stoop, reach, stand, push bulky machines.
- Working Conditions:
- Works inside within a hospital and/or outpatient lab setting under normal temperatures, adequate lighting, well ventilated areas with moderate noise level and considerable time spent on a one-to-one basis with the patient.
- Fifty(50%) percent of the time will be spent standing/walking, pushing and maneuvering large bulky machines. Time spent lifting and positioning patients for testing.
- Orientation Requirements
- 1. 2 years minimal experience in the field of electroencephalography.
- 2. Recommendation from previous employer.
- 3. Meets the qualification requirements
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need
- Technical School
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent,
- Plus one to two years post high school training in EEG technology and 2 years minimal experience in the field of electroencephalography required. Requires recommendation from previous employer.
- Knowledge of brain disorders and electroencephalograph testing procedures and equipment.
- Ability to discern abnormal/normal characteristics and detect artifacts normally acquired through completion of EEG recording.
- Must posses and demonstrate discretion, communication skills, tact, diplomacy and dependability.
- Must possess analytical skills necessary to monitor equipment, patient responses and identification of artifacts.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all duties of position.
- Must be neat in appearance and able to comply with hospital and department policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.