We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician III - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time,7 on/7 off - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts IV Additive Sterile Product Preparation by adhering to all aseptic technique.
- Has Controlled Substance Distribution and Drug Accountability.
- Completes assigned monthly Ancillary and Nursing Unit medication storage inspections.
- Helps pharmacist by answering phones, answering window, and tubing or delivering stat medications, and assists in orientation and training of new employees.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician or exempt pharmacy student by the Maryland Board of Pharmacyobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent Preferred: Associate Degree
- Required: Three years of experience as a pharmacy technician. Preferred: Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.