We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Positions
Location: Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus
Full Time (36 hours weekly)
12 hours shifts
Every 3rd Weekend
Why Join Ascension?
Who Are We…
St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system in Indiana and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What St. Vincent has to offer...
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What Our Oncology Unit has to offer...
- Accommodating Unit: The St. Vincent Evansville Oncology unit is purposely set up to make providing the most comforting and accommodating care possible to sick patients and their families. Each patient room is a large private room. The unit is home to a family washroom and living room complete with kitchenette and shower. There is also sundeck access to enjoy some fresh air on nice days while remaining close to caretakers.
- Self Care Awareness: The Oncology unit is unique and requires its associates to make a conscious effort to maintain a positive outlook and healthy stress level. Staff are welcomed to share experiences to unit leadership and/or human resources when needed as well as offered free counseling as a part of their associate benefits. Staff are also encouraged to take time off to enjoy their hobbies, vacations, and time with their loved ones.
- Strong Support Network: The Oncology unit has a variety of resources available to them when providing patient care. They can call upon the St. Vincent Evansville Palliative Care team to assist in improving the patient’s quality of life with their diagnosis. This unit can also call upon the St. Vincent Evansville Pastoral Care team to meet with patients needing spiritual care and comfort during their time on this unit.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do at St. Vincent...
As an Oncology Registered Nurse, you will provide direct nursing care to those who are poor in health and spirit while working alongside a team of healthcare professionals.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Help us play a critical role in fighting to cure one of the common and consequential illnesses.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required. Med/Surg experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)