We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant - Heart Lung CV Surgery - Full-Time - St Elizabeth Hospital Oneida - Appleton,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
2 surgeon practice in Appleton, WI looking for a full time CV PA/NP to practice in a full-scope setting. The practice currently performs equal cardiac and thoracic procedures. The provider will rotate being in the OR as well as rounding in the ICU/Stepdown unit and will see patients in the clinic.
- Call: Weekday call 1-2 days M-F; Weekend call 1:4
- Assess the physical condition of CV patients by performing physical examinations and obtaining medical histories prior to undergoing surgical procedures.
- Formulate the medical plan and prognosis based on the patient's condition.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Initiates and/or recommends medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatment and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policies.
- First Assist during open heart and thoracic surgical procedures under the direction of the attending physician.
- Assist with pre and post-operative care for the cardiothoracic/vascular surgical patients.
- Coordinate the day's work and events and work closely with the surgical team.
- Will be responsible for rounding, seeing consults, pre-operative testing follow-up and writing orders on pre-op & postop patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Graduate of an accredited school of graduate nursing in advanced practice or graduate of an accredited physician assistant program
- CV OR experience as a First Assistant preferred (3-5 years)
- Proficient in Vein Harvesting with EVH experience & open harvest preferred
- Experience in management of ICU and proficient in post op care.
- Performing consultations for clinic patients (pre-op and post-op)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement