This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
CNA Nursing Assistant Certified - LTC - Skilled Nursing Facility 003 - PT 24 Nights - Amsterdam Memorial Campus Wilkinson RHCF - Amsterdam, NY
This position qualifies for the $ 1200.00 sign on bonus.
Why Join Ascension?
This Part-time CNA position is Eligible for a $1,200 Sign on Bonus
Why Join the St. Mary’s Wilkinson RHCF Ascension Family?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
We are located on the St. Mary's Hospital Memorial Campus on Route 30 Amsterdam, the Wilkinson Center is the area's most complete long-term care facility. The 160-bed skilled nursing facility offers a full range of services in a caring, residential setting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident. The Wilkinson Center has a special wing exclusively for patients with dementia, Alzheimer's disease or other brain disorders.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows associates to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As our Certified Nursing Assistant, you are the “front-line!” You are the one team member who patients remember because you spend many hours of direct care with them!
Every day that you come to work, you improve people’s lives. As our Certified Nursing Assistant, you not only impact the lives of the patients who you touch, but you have an impact on the patient’s entire family! As our CNA, you are the member of the healthcare team who has the most direct contact with our residents.
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to assist with basic patient care activities.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the New York Department of Health - Nurse Aide Registry obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Min 6 months work experience preferred
- Nursing Home experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.