We Are Hiring
Medical Asst-Cert - Urgent Care - PRN,Day - Providence Hospital DC - Washington,DC
Work Schedule: M-F: 8am-10pm
Manager responsible for scheduling
Why Join Ascension?
Based in the District of Columbia, Providence operates primary care services, geriatrics including skilled nursing care at Carroll Manor, outpatient behavioral health, care coordination for Medicaid beneficiaries through the My Health GPS program, a working retail pharmacy and access to free medications to those who need it most. Providence, which has served the District of Columbia for more than 150 years, is transforming to a new healthcare delivery model that re-envisions the delivery of care to meet the community's health needs and how to best contribute to building healthier communities.
Providence is a part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Hospital-DC, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Allied Health National Certification and Registration obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Registry of Medical Assistants obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)