This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Cook - Dietary 001 - FT Rotating - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to prepare food in compliance with guidelines and standardized recipes.
- Reviews menu and special orders to determine types and quantities of food items to be prepared.
- Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times. Confers with chef regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
- Informs manager of any equipment malfunctions, problems with food quantity or quality, inefficient procedures or workflow.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 Years Food Service Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.