We Are Hiring
Full time, Part time, PRN
All Ministries in Kansas
Wichita, Manhattan and Pittsburg
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. We offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It’s one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As a laboratory professional with Ascension Via Christi , you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, documents and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification through the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) will also be accepted.
High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Bachelor's degree required within 4 months of hire or job transfer date; degree in Med Tech preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)