We Are Hiring
Are you a new grad RN or have you been working as an RN for less than a year?
IF so, we have an opportunity to be part of our October Nurse Residency Program at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to support new nurses in their development and set you up for long term SUCCESS!
- A 12-month program to ease transition into practice.
- Monthly seminars allow for socialization with other residents and evidence-based lectures relevant to new graduate nursing practice.
- Use of Nursing Simulation Center for hands-on skill practice.
- Tuition Assistance after 1 year of employment.
- Clinical Educators are assigned to Nurse Residents to follow progress and ensure learning needs are met!
This particular position would start October 31st as part of our Nurse Residency Cohort.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we’d like to invite you to take it with us.
- As a Saint Agnes RN, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor your patient’s care plans, including monitoring, recording and communicating patient conditions as appropriate.
- In your role, you will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, along with notating and carrying out physician and nursing orders.
- Towards the end of your patient’s hospital stay, you will also assess and coordinate your patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Shift and facility information:
- This position is on our 20 bed inpatient oncology unit caring for medical patients with a variety of cancer diagnoses, and surgical patients, many of them with highly specialized surgeries.
- Full time, benefit eligible
- 36 hours per week (Three 12 hour shifts)
- Rotating Shifts (You will work both 7A-7:30P and 7P-7:30A. There is a pattern to how we schedule this to make it easier on you!)
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition “Compact State” obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- You must have less than 1 year of work experience as a Registered Nurse by start date to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.