We Are Hiring
Clerical Coordinator - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time, Daya - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Shift: 7AM-7PM and 7AM-3PM, every other weekend
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Performs clerical functions related to filing, retrieval and distribution of documents and medical records in the assigned area.
- Arranges and stores incoming records according to procedure/protocol.
- Finds, researches and answers questions about records and files from authorized users.
- Purges materials according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Performs periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages communication for the department on a shift to shift basis. May maintain the medical record either in written or electronic form.
- Receives and disseminates telephone and patient messages; interacts with, responds to or appropriately refers questions to physicians, nurses, patients, patients families and visitors; communicates with the Admitting Office regarding admissions; and communicates with other departments. Logs phone calls for Physicians who are not available to speak immediately with the primary care physician. Notifies insurance companies of admissions and receives authorization.
- May transcribes physicians orders, including ordering of meals for admitted patients staying in the unit.
- May coordinate calls to police, medical examiner, Transplant Resource Center, insurance companies, and transportation companies as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent at date of hire
- Required: Fundamental typing skills; fax machines; Xerox machines at date of hire. Preferred: Fundamental computer skills and customer service skills. Experience as an EMT, Paramedic, Medical Assistant in a doctor's office at date of hire.
- health care experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.