We Are Hiring
Security Police Officer - Security 001 - PRN,Evening - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mediates disputes. Advises victims, suspects, and the general public of rights and processes. Performs crisis mediation with persons involved in disputes.
- Assists in crowd control activities. Responds to emergency situations and other calls to service. Assists nursing and medical staff with the control of violent or disruptive patients or visitors.
- Conducts searches and seizures. Locates and interviews witnesses. Searches, restrains, transports, and guards persons. Arrests and detains persons.
- Participates in all required training, both at the Police Academy and, subsequently on-the-job, to learn the duties of and maintain the proficiency requirements for the classification of Police Officer.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Safety Professional credentialed from the Maryland Police Training Commission Certification and Training Standards Compliance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Preferred: Bachelor's degree in related field
- Required: Currently employed with Baltimore City as a Police officer with at least one year on the job training. Preferred: Experience with computers as well as electronic security and CCTV systems. Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Five years healthcare security. Southwest District experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.