We Are Hiring
PRN RN in the Emergency Department at St Vincent's East.
About the schedule:
- Required to sign up to work 72 hours/quarter (3 months)
- Twenty-four (24) of those hours are required to be scheduled on a weekend. It does not have to be a Saturday/Sunday combined together. The weekend requirement can be split up as long as the hours are obtained in the quarter. (Weekend begins 11pm Friday night through Monday at 7am)
- One (1) winter holiday must be scheduled which include: New Year, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- One (1) summer holiday must be scheduled which include: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day
Why Join our Team:
- Level III Trauma
- 2nd busiest ED in Birmingham
- Specialty/Critical Care Experiences
- Clinical Education available
- Different shifts available
- Competitive pay
The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. We have the second busiest emergency room in the Birmingham area!
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2-5 years Emergency Room experience preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)