We Are Hiring
Ascension Borgess Hospital - Ascesion Borgess Critical Care Services, Rapid Response Team is looking for a full time Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP) to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Borgess Hospital has a compassionate, personalized approach to critical care with a stellar rapid response team.
- Growing team of 5 Advanced practice providers.
- Always Support from Medical Director of Critical care, along with an intensivist support for each shift
- Strong collaboration with growing surgical teams, cardiology, emergency and other service teams.
- Our teams enjoy a collaborative work environment, a lucrative compensation package, and excellent work/life balance
- Schedule would include 14 shifts a month.
- Each shift is 12 hours and a mix of days & nights with our Rapid Response Team
- Cerner EMR
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with to up 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About ASCENSION BORGESS HOSPITAL
Join our Community
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424 bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
What You Will Do
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Assesses information and/or symptoms of patient by phone in order to prescribe treatment or refer to appropriate resources.
- Routinely performs diagnostic procedures such as: drawing venous blood, Papanicolaou smears, collecting culture specimens, EKG interpretation, and other procedures commensurate with experience and training.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Nurse Practioner from
- Either credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program as of start date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office
Work Experience: Experience working in Acute care, rapid response, or critical care preferred
- New Graduates welcomed- Experience as an ICU Staff Nurse, or 2-3 rotations in ICU during training preferred.
- 1-2 years experience preferred in Actue Care or Surgical ICU
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)