This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Phlebotomy Technician - General Lab - Full-Time (72hrs), Days - St Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples according to policy.
- Verifies all related records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing according to protocol.
- Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Assists with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Assists with office duties such as OP orders, answering phone, faxing, and filing.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement