We Are Hiring
Clinical Nutrition Dietitian - WIC Grants - Part-Time, Day
St. Vincent Warrick Acute Care Hospital - Boonville, IN
30 hours per week Typically Monday (Boonville) 12-7pm,
Tuesday (Rockport) 10am-5pm,
Wednesday and Thursday (Boonville) 8:30am-5pm.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide medical nutrition therapy and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
- Assesses patients for nutritional status. Provides interventions/treatments including diet therapy, counseling or specialized nutrition supplements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and ancillary services such as speech pathology or physical therapy.
- Monitors tolerance and effectiveness of nutritional regimen and recommends therapy adjustments as necessary. Provides medical nutrition therapy and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
- Provides nutrition information for the community that may include public speaking, news releases and other forms of publications.
- Researches and takes initiatives to resolve nutrition care related complaints and problems.
- Assists in monitoring meals including intake, diet compliance and tray accuracy. Maintains sanitation of food preparation area(s) through planned and unannounced inspections.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Dietitian/Nutritionist credentialed from the Commission on Dietetic Registration and from the Indiana Dietitians Certification Board obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Dietitian/Nutritionist specializing in Sports Dietetics credentialed from the Indiana Dietitians Certification Board.
- Educator specializing in Diabetes Management.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree which includes the study of nutrition. These degrees include but are not limited to : Family and Consumer Sciences; Food and Nutrition in Business; Nutrition, Fitness and Health
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)