We Are Hiring
Coding Auditor - Compliance Corporate - Full-Time, Days - Virtual
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension System Office-MO, you will have the opportunity to perform periodic and ongoing audits of claims to ensure accuracy of coding and billing, and sufficiency of supporting documentation.
- Audits specified number of records per coder as defined in the system coding audit plan.
- Prepares audit reports that are issued to key stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Develops corrective action plans to address opportunities for coding, billing and documentation improvement.
- Identifies trends and educational opportunities.
- Prepares and presents educational programs related to coding.
- Assists in the management of the coding and billing auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred
- ICD 10 CM experience preferred
- Experience working with high dollar claims processing preferred
- Experience reviewing and processing subrogation requests and claim auditing preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)