This job posting is no longer active.
PLC Senior Services Location:
Presence Casa San Carlo Rtmnt Location Address:
420 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)Department:
10011135 Administration CSCRC Daily Hours:
8 Standard Hours:
40 Employment Status:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Director of Support Services is a key member of the facility management team with a number of duties designed to facilitate smooth operational effectiveness throughout the facility on a day to day basis. The position also acts as resident and family advocate and liaison assuring a high level of customer satisfaction and thus enhancing the reputation of the facility. These functions are performed in a manner which embodies the mission and core values of Presence Health. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- Oversees the ordering department supplies, assures departments maintain an adequate stock of supplies to support patient care, storerooms are kept in a clean and orderly condition at all times, and are maintained in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regulations.
- Assists department heads with adherence to their monthly budget, resolves issues identified on monthly responsibility summaries, evaluates alternative products available and assures that items ordered are of acceptable quality and cost.
- Maintains files for all physicians, assuring that each contains current documentation of licenses, insurance, etc. Prepares and submits appropriate documentation to the Senior Services physician credentialing committee.
- Monitors physician compliance with patient visits, History and Physical Examination (H&Ps), orders signed and other documentation required by the IDPH for the Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) unit.
- Assures closed medical records for ICF patients are complete, filed and stored in compliance with IDPH regulations, and medical record room is maintained in a clean and orderly condition in compliance with regulations.
- Hires, trains, disciplines, evaluate, and schedules receptionist staff assuring that there is appropriate coverage of the reception desk.
- Ensures receptionist staff maintains the highest level of customer service skills. Follows up on any complaints received assuring service recovery and maintenance of customer satisfaction.
- Confers with other department heads on tasks receptionists can do while on duty to assure their time is used efficiently.
- Represents as facility quality assurance officer. Leads facility quality assurance team. Schedules and facilitates quarterly quality assurance meetings.
- Ensures that each department's assigned quality measure(s) are quantitative, appropriate and monitored in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews each department's quality assurance report assuring they are completed accurately, timely and results of quality measures identifying any evidence of quality issues or lack of improvement. Collaborates with department head(s) to identify causes of identified issue(s) and develop a plan of correction.
- Interfaces with residents casually throughout the facility as well as formally at meal times, activities, parties and special events as appropriate. Acts as resident and family advocate, fielding, evaluating and following up on resident and family issues to assure satisfaction with facility services.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Adult Service, or Gerontology required.
- Minimum one year of management experience in a health related field required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Business Unit:
PLC Senior Services Department Name:
Administration CSCRC Job Function:
Support Services Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Manager, Medical, Patient Care, Public Health, QA, Management, Healthcare, Quality