We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is adding to our team of dedicated Surgical Technologist
Join our team of talented professionals who have a passion for caring!
Ascension St. Joseph Hospital is a non-profit healthcare system that is governed by a local board of trustees represented by residents, medical staff and sister sponsorship's and has been providing medical care since 1953. Our 49 bed hospital is located in rural northeast Michigan serving the counties of Alcona, Arenac, Iosco, Ogemaw and Oscoda with a population of approximately 87,000 residents. Its Catholic Health Ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. A strong tourism community, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital provides primary, secondary and referral for tertiary care to more than 100,000 patients annually, including 15,000 emergency department visits.
This is a Full time Day position with varied shift hours at Ascension St, Jospeh in Tawas City, MI
What You Will Do
As a Surgical Technologist at Ascension St. Joseph Hospital you will...
- Assist the surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed.
- Provide physical assistance for patient positioning, draping, and transporting patients as directed
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Surgical Tech
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology (or obtained by date of hire) or a graduate of a surgical technology program leading to eligibility to sit for national certification exam
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment decisions involving associates of St. Joseph Health System (SJHS) such as hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, selection for training, recruitment, separation, layoff, termination, salaries, benefits or other forms of compensation, will be made on the basis of individual merit, skill and qualification. Consequently, in making employment decisions, SJHS will consider factors such as education, training, skills developed, prior job experience, prior job performance, attitude, ability to work with others, leadership and potential for growth in the job.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.