We Are Hiring
SCHEDULE: PT Nights - 11pm to 7am, M - F With Weekend Rotation
**Benefits Eigible PT Position
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital , The Registered Radiologic Technologist is responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital by under general supervision, performs x-ray examinations as ordered by a licensed physician in accordance with established departmental protocols. Charged with patient responsibilities while the patient is in the department.
- Essential Functions
- Recognizes the quality of the diagnostic services and the patient’s well being as the primary responsibilities of the Radiographer.
- Prepares and stocks work are as required to perform procedures as assigned/requested. Assure a safe and clean environment for patients at all times.
- Assures the “two step” identification of all patients and checks that any required diet preps have been followed before proceeding with any requested examinations. Explains the procedure and provides necessary instructions to the patient.
- Transfers and properly positions patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician orders and in accordance with departmental protocols. Conducts all examinations safely in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Produces optimal images at all times considering the size and abilities of the patient to fully cooperate as required.
- Produces optimal images and reviews all radiographs for optimal positioning exposure, patient identification and marker before releasing the patient.
- Assists physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required. Assist in performing first aid as necessary.
- Secures and returns supplies. Maintains room stock.
- Reports equipment failure to supervisor and takes appropriate actions as directed.
- Provides patient preparation instructions to patients, physicians, and/or nursing personnel when indicated.
- May perform ancillary clinical functions such as venipuncture, I.V. contrast administration, bladder catheterization, and enemas.
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction to students and new personnel.
- Checks the accuracy of all order entry/charges compared with the physicians’ orders and procedures completed.
- Participates in quality assurance activities and any data collections required by the department.
- Cooperates with all department personnel in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres to prescribed standards for radiation safety.
- Non-Essential Functions
- Serves on specific committees dealing with the use of radiation as requested.
- May be required to assist in the development of technical factors and the selection of radiographic film.
- Performs a variety of related clerical tasks as necessary.
- Maintains professional appearance by adhering to Dress and Grooming Policy and Dress Code of Radiology Services.
- Handles equipment in a responsible, professional manner.
- Maintains Continuing Education credits as required by the ARRT.
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the person’s served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Must possess and maintain a valid Radiologic Technologist registration from the ARRT at time of hire/transfer date is required.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school graduate required
- The ability to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times in potentially stressful situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.