We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Oncology Registered Nurse?
If so, join our amazing Cancer Institute team at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
St. Agnes Hospital is leading Maryland in the battle against cancer. Very few cancer centers have more advanced ways to diagnose, treat, and help people beat cancer than the Saint Agnes Cancer Institute. Our physicians, oncologists, and surgeons are world class, and they attack each case from every angle as a multidisciplinary team. As a Registered Nurse, you will part of this multidisciplinary team.
Our treatments include every radiation, chemotherapy, and surgical options available. Our brand-new Baltimore facility and technologies are state-of-the-art. Most importantly our approach is just as uncompromising as our goal. To turn every cancer patient into a cancer survivor. Learn more about The St. Agnes Cancer Institute at: https://www.stagnes.org/our-services/cancer-institute/cancer-treatment/
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes nurses have embodied the spirit and mission of the hospital by providing excellence in nursing practice with quality patient-and-family centered care.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
Our Registered nurses provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional development.
- This particular position is part of our outpatient Medical Oncology team.
- Full time, benefit eligible
- 36 hours per week
- Monday – Friday day shift no weekends & no holidays
- Work hours are generally between 8AM – 4:30PM with occasional later hours (5-6PM) when assigned
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One to two years of experience as an RN in Medical Oncology strongly preferred
- OCN – Chemo – Bio certification strongly preferred
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Required: One year nursing experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.