PLC Senior Services Location:
PLC Villa Franciscan Location Address:
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)Department:
40120640 Skilled NSG VLF Daily Hours:
8 Standard Hours:
32 Employment Status:
Part-time Employment Type:
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere for patient comfort. Keeps patient/residents' room clean and orderly.
- Provides skin care and is knowledgeable in care needed to maintain or improve skin integrity.
- Collaborates with the licensed nurse in implementing and evaluating the plan of care and functional status.
- Assists with admissions, transfers, morgue transport and discharge of patient/resident.
- Replenishes patient's supplies as needed.
- Identifies patient/family education needs and reports them to the licensed nurse.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in senior services preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Business Unit:
PLC Senior Services Department Name:
Skilled NSG VLF Job Function:
Nursing Nearest Major Market:
Joliet Nearest Secondary Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
CNA, Patient Care Technician, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Medical, Healthcare