We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant - PBP Surgery General 001 - Full-Time, Days - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Writes a brief holding note and admission orders in discussion with physician.
- Coordinates care with nursing staff
- Informs the private physician that the patient is in-house and communicates care plans with him/her, responding to urgent patient related problems and nursing staff concerns.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Approved Delegation Agreement by the Maryland state BPQA through Maryland Dept of Mental Health and Hygiene.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). As of September 2015
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Required: Successful completion of an NCCPA Accredited PA Program Per Maryland Board of Physicians: Applicants who graduate from an accredited physician assistant educational program after October 1, 2003, must have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent education to a baccalaureate degree Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant or related healthcare major
- Required: Hospital Based Training in Acute Care. Preferred: Two years in clinical practice or as a Physicians Assistant in emergency department, intensive care unit, internal medicine, or hospitalist service. One year surgical and/or in-patient management and Surgical first-assist experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.