We Are Hiring
Technician Pharmacy Clinical - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time, Rotating - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Performs clinical support functions related to medication use and patient care as directed.
- Collects and analyzes patient centered data, facilitates patient education, and performs documentation to support clinical functions and patient care.
- Develops, implements, and completes medication use-related projects as required.
- Provides educational programming to pharmacy department and assigned patient care units.
- Serves as a resource related to operational and clinical issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identifies patients medication related problems, and coordinates resources and information to improve patient care.
- Communicates patients specific medication needs, concerns problems with health care providers and family members: provides instructions to patients and family members on the procedures to obtain medications prescribed to them; facilitates and coordinates provision of patients discharge prescription fulfillment.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Maryland Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Required: Two years of experience working as a Pharmacy Technician, preferably in a retail/ambulatory pharmacy setting. Must have demonstrated excellent verbal communication skills; excellent organization, multitasking skills and ability to keep track of a record information from multiple sources; and extensive knowledge of medication names, doses, dosage forms and usage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.