We Are Hiring
Security Officer - Security 001 - Part-Time, Nights - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts investigation into security related incidents and prepares reports.
- Conducts periodic rounds of the Hospital, grounds and parking facilities inspecting all areas for equipment malfunctions, and security hazards. Takes appropriate action when required, completes necessary documentation and keeps Security Operation advised of patrol status.
- Operates two-way radio equipment, computerized access control system, CCTV system and the Protective Services Department vehicle on private and public roadways.
- Works independently and possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Effectively communicates and deals tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. License issued in PA-VA-WV-DE also meets requirement.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Security Professional specializing in Healthcare credentialed from the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS).
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Required: One year in law enforcement or public contract security or military experience. Preferred: Experience with computers as well as electronic security and CCTV systems. Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Five years healthcare security.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.