We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Joseph is seeking a highly motivated and energetic full time Internal Medicine physician to join our collegial group at Ascension St. Joseph Internal Medicine Clinic.
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. Joseph
- Ascension St. Joseph, located in Tawas City on the shores of Lake Huron, is a 47-bed acute care hospital with multiple outpatient service centers and physician offices
- Ascension St. Joseph offers a strong network of primary care physicians and specialists, with medical facilities in 11 locations
- Ascension St. Joseph was identified as one of the Top 20 Rural Community Hospitals in America from the National Rural Health Association
- For the third consecutive year, Ascension St. Joseph Hospital was named among the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center for Rural Health (2017, 2018, 2019)
About Tawas & Tawas City
- Located in northeastern Michigan, nestled along the beautiful waters of the Lake Huron Shoreline, is this quaint haven of Tawas & Tawas City
- Excellent schools, dedicated to advancing the knowledge and skill of both youth and adults, the area offers public and parochial opportunities, a technical center, adult lifelong learning and higher education programs
- Truly a four-season wonderland, you can sunbathe, swim, hike, golf, ski, run ATVs or snowmobiles on groomed trails, canoe, kayak, float, sail or motor across the clear blue waters of Lake Huron and more than 60 inland lakes
- Easy travel from MBS International Airport (a 1- hour drive south of Tawas) with direct flights to Chicago and Detroit
- The Tawas Bay is recognized as a premier kiteboarding destination
- Unique shopping and dining, a weekly farmers market, weekly concerts in the park
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
- 100% Outpatient practice
- Diverse patient population in an rural setting, established Rural Healthcare Clinic
- Join a well-established collaborative team with 3 Advanced Practice Practitioners
- Must Be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Open to someone who wants to pursue a special “niche”
- Good work/life balance
- Clinic hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Strong physician/administrative partnered leadership
- Join a well engaged robust team
- Patents per day: 15-22
- On site: Lab, X-ray, ultrasound, EKG, DEXA, spirometry and blood draw
- Clinic is attached to Ascension St. Joseph Hospital
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment decisions involving associates of St. Joseph Health System (SJHS) such as hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, selection for training, recruitment, separation, layoff, termination, salaries, benefits or other forms of compensation, will be made on the basis of individual merit, skill and qualification. Consequently, in making employment decisions, SJHS will consider factors such as education, training, skills developed, prior job experience, prior job performance, attitude, ability to work with others, leadership and potential for growth in the job.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.