We Are Hiring
Supervisor - APP - Seton Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery - Full-Time, Day - Health Transformation Building - Austin,TX
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As an APP Supervisor with the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (IRPS) you will oversee surgical APPs in the outpatient clinic setting as well as in the hospital. In this role, you will evaluate preoperative patients in an outpatient clinic, round on patients on the floor, assist in the OR, evaluate patients in the ER and oversee the APP team who perform those functions as well. You will be in charge of schedules, hiring/HR functions and collaborate with the physicians as to how best to coordinate care for patients. You will collaborate with other specialties involved in each patient's care, and provide a continuum of care during the patient's journey with our service. You will be based out of Dell Seton Medical Center UT where we cover the Level I trauma service. IRPS has clinics at Far West, Davis Lane, Seton Medical Center Williamson and Seton Medical Center Hays. Surgical experience preferred.
- Coordinates and monitors patient care provided by Advanced Practice Providers. Oversees competency assessments and clinical skill improvement opportunities.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care. Performs quality assurance studies and assists with the implementation of quality assurance and performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Ensures that multidisciplinary rounds meet the needs of clients, families, and other care providers.
- Assists with development, evaluation and implementation of policies and procedures for specialty area.
- Participates in hiring, discipline, development and evaluation of staff.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing . Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the State of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date if Nurse Practitioner. Can be substituted with a Physician Assistant license as a preferred credential.
- One or more of the following:
- Midwife credentialed from the Texas Midwifery Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In states where it applies RN license must be held concurrent to Advanced Practice license.
- Nurse Anesthetist credentialed from the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In states where it applies RN license must be held concurrent to Advanced Practice license.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Texas Physician Assistant Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- CSR-Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Education appropriate for licensure held: Master's degree of Nursing, Master's or Doctorate of Nursing Anesthesia Practice, Doctorate of Science in Nursing, Master's or Doctorate of Science in Nursing Midwifery, Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.