We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Chevy Chase Building
Department: Nurse Staffing 001
Additional Job Details: PRN
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the Ascension Family?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Mission with a Global Reach: Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of persons in developing countries. By joining our team – you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Last year Ascension provided over 1.8billion in free healthcare to those in need and without access. You will have the opportunity to offer your servants heart by volunteering with Ascension’s Medical Mission at Home program and other community benefit initiatives.
- Faith Based Approach: Spiritual care is fundamental to our identity and a tangible expression of our mission and values. It is also an essential part of providing care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We care for the spirit through compassionate relationships and empathetic, effective communication.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community
Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Seton’s founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don’t just take our word for it, come and find out!
What You Will Do
At Ascension, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.