We Are Hiring
Title: RN (Registered Nurse) Innovation Nursing Unit
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Innovation Unit
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night, 36 hours, Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. One of the top 50 cardiac hospitals in the country, Saint Thomas West provides excellence in clinical care to cardiac patients with a broad spectrum of diagnoses.
What Saint Thomas West has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What You Will Do
Our newly created Nursing Innovation floor at Saint Thomas West will empower you the RN, to lock arms with your fellow nurses to develop new, and/or improved models for patient care. This use creates the National Standards for Ascension’s caregiver model of the future. This unique role blends traditional nursing with research, design, and being at the forefront of Ascension's caregiver models.
If you are looking to add value as a nurse in more ways than just patient care, please apply now! Limited Spots Available.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the current nurse workflow, trial solutions for those processes, and roll successful solutions out to all of Saint Thomas and Ascension hospitals nationwide
- Create comprehensive solutions by working directly with all departments in the hospital: pharmacy, MD’s, surgery, telemetry, and education
- Provide quality care for all types of medical surgical patients
Meet with hospital Directors and Ascension Executives to provide updates and feedback on current and future projects
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)