We Are Hiring
Director of Performance Optimization - Executive Office CEO AH - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director of Performance Optimization with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to support Ascension Ministry Markets/Lines of Business in achieving strategic goals through performance optimization initiatives.
- At the direction of the EVP of Performance Optimization – Nursing Operations and the VP of Performance Optimization; the Director of Performance Optimization will work directly with Markets / Lines of Business to actively drive improvements and action plans to meet operational and strategic goals.
- Participates and supports either the Peer Review process or the MIT supported projects across Ascension’s Markets / Lines of Business.
- Builds strong processes with local leadership that identify best countermeasures and combined solutions, drive accountability and reporting, remove barriers, and identify additional opportunities that result in successful implementation.
- Leads and supports cross-functional teams to implement large-scale business process innovation initiatives throughout the network.
- Assesses barriers, root causes, process issues, stakeholder support, and gap identification necessary in achieving successful action plans.
- Partners with the markets to ensure that action plans are formulated and implemented to drive operational and strategic results needed.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Six Sigma Black Belt. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Certification specializing in Lean Healthcare Mgmt. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)