We Are Hiring
Staff RN - Registered Nurse PRN Newborn Nursery - Neonatal Intermediate Unit 001 - PRN,Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport,CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, includes a licensed 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and St. Vincent's Special Needs Services. In 2012, and again in 2018, St. Vincent's achieved Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Known throughout the region for exceptional cardiovascular care, St. Vincent’s specializes in primary care, breast health, obstetrics, emergency medicine, behavioral health, cancer care, bariatric, and orthopedics. St. Vincent's was founded in 1903 by the Daughters of Charity.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct nursing care to newborns in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team, including culturally appropriate, family-centered education.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree in Nursing Required, BSN Preferred and 1 year labor/delivery and/or special care nursery experience preferred
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)