We Are Hiring
Senior Workforce Data Analyst
Hours: Full-Time, Days
Location: 4600 Edmundson Road Headquarters - St Louis, MO (Travel will be required)
Do you enjoy data process automation, project management and using dashboards/reporting? Join our Workforce Planning & Analytics team to support strategic initiatives for the Ascension workforce!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Sr. Workforce Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for providing analytical and system support to enable data-driven decision making and planning by HR and business leaders. This position has key responsibilities for a center-of-expertise (COE) and enterprise-wide approach to data management and reporting. This individual is the subject matter expert (SME) in terms of process and data management for all applications utilized by the Strategic Workforce Planning and Analytics COE team.
- Work directly with HR leaders to develop, enhance, and maintain visualizations/dashboards for end users taking highly complex information and producing user-friendly outputs
- Provides timely consultation and facilitation of data and analytics to support the decisions of HR and business leaders
- Ensure the integrity of data/dashboards and 100% accuracy of all reports distributed from the COE through rigorous validation processes. Works to automate validation processes where possible
- Participates in the design and implementation of a data management and reporting to include data validation and oversight guidelines as a key member of the project team
- Standardize workforce data definitions, KPIs, and calculations and ensure ongoing conformance to standards
- Partner with report users, System “owners”, and the data storage teams to support and comply with business requirements and data governance standards. Streamline efforts to bring diverse workforce and business data together for reporting purposes
- Identifies new opportunities to evaluate and visualize data through the utilization of new technologies and tools and shares best practices across the enterprise
- Participate in development and User Acceptance Testing phases of all new reports and report enhancements
- Provide training for new users, training on new visualization enhancements, and continued organizational awareness of analytics and planning solution availability
- Develop procedures and operating instructions for all reporting processes and applications.
- Provide production support through problems analysis and resolution to correct deficiencies within reporting applications
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor’s degree required in Technology, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a data and reporting analyst preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience with Tableau and using dashboards strongly preferred.
- Experience with Python and writing functions in R is a plus.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Must be able to draw conclusions from raw data and summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Proven experience with MS office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Advanced Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables, Charting/Visualizations, Reporting, and Dashboard building, and VBA)
- Experience integrating data from complex, diverse systems into workforce analytics software solutions
- Experience working with analytics and/or visualization software solutions, such as Tableau, R, Python, or other similar vendor solutions is strongly preferred
- Understand requirements to maintain an accurate data/reporting environment the meets operational needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically an ability to communicate effectively across all management levels
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)