We Are Hiring
The team at Ascension Borgess Heart Institute is looking for a full time THORACIC Surgeon (non-cardiac) to join their growing & innovative group.
Why Join Ascension?
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with to up 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About ASCENSION BORGESS HOSPITAL
Join our Community
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424 bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Borgess Hospital has a compassionate, personalized approach to thoracic surgery care. This role would be focused on growth and development of the thoracic surgery program with emphasis on lung and esophagus.
- You’d be joining an elite group of 3 Cardiothoracic Surgeons & 3 Advanced Practice Providers
- Strong referral base and collaboration with medical oncology, cardiology, pulmonary, gastroenterology, interventional radiology and general surgery teams.
- 4 CTS Rooms
- Robust OR Time, Endovascular & Endobronchial Suites, Navigational Bronchoscopy, and DaVinci Xi Systems.
- Telehealth opportunities are available
- Our physicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, a lucrative compensation package, and excellent work/life balance
- Each physician has a dedicated MA and APP support
- Cerner EMR/ Dragon Dictation
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentialing done by Medical Staff department.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
- 1-2 years as Thoracic surgery. New graduates welcomed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)