We Are Hiring
Have you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space!
Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology that will change the face of healthcare.
If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer – that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies.
As a Scrum Master with us, you will you will enable cross-functional teams to develop solutions using the Agile way of working that integrates the business and technical needs. Key to this work is use of two-week “sprints” to ensure rapid progress, engagement, and alignment. Through exploration and collaboration, you will engage in a rewarding career that’s driven by you and powered by Ascension.
Where You Will Work
Flourish at Cortex; the region’s largest innovation campus. Located in the heart of St. Louis, Cortex is a nationally recognized innovation hub that supports all technology sectors. As such, Ascension joins this community to help you thrive. Enjoy great food, gourmet coffee, gym, and a variety of workspaces and recreational activities to spark your creativity. With such a strong network of tech professionals in the area, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to make connections and exchange ideas!
What You Will Do
Our goal in this transformation is to hire people who are great at something. Give them new problems to work on. Trust them to be outstanding.
- Provide ongoing facilitation and coaching that enables the team to excel at Agile development
- Manage sprint velocity-related metrics
- Run key agile ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retros to actively manage risks and external dependencies
- Promote joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues
- Collectively with the Product Manager own creation and prioritization of the digital product backlog for specific digital solutions
- Assist Product Managers to shape the digital product road-map and vision
- Knowledge of Agile software development process (e.g. XP, Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming, Automated Testing, Agile Games
What You Will Need
- Relevant business degree preferred; Certified Scrum Master is a plus
Desired Work Experience
- At least 1 successfully delivered project using Scum methodology in the role as Scrum Master preferred
- At least 3 successfully delivered technical projects with experience in software development and/or project management preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)