We Are Hiring
Transportation Specialist - School Programs 002 - Part-Time, Days - St Vincent's Special Needs - Trumbull, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, includes a licensed 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and St. Vincent's Special Needs Services. In 2012, and again in 2018, St. Vincent's achieved Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Known throughout the region for exceptional cardiovascular care, St. Vincent’s specializes in primary care, breast health, obstetrics, emergency medicine, behavioral health, cancer care, bariatric, and orthopedics. St. Vincent's was founded in 1903 by the Daughters of Charity.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to
Transports people from site while maintaining the assigned schedule.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner. Informs supervisor of any unusual situations or accidents immediately. Complies with all traffic safety rules and regulations.
- Assists riders entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Maintain accurate logs per required standards.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle daily for cleaning and safety issues.
- Plan and coordinate participant transportation runs to/from residential homes with communication with Adult Day Manager.
- Conduct vehicle spot checks. Recives customer requests for services and creates work orders in the database. Closes work orders when work is completed.
- Assigns work orders to and dispatches staff as appropriate. May coordinate repair, replacement, and/or disposal of equipment.
- Primary contact/liaison for transportation services between guardians, caregivers.
- Monitors and communicates need for security services throughout assigned areas.
- Enters, reviews and updates driver/participant assignment report. Plans, schedules and verifies vehicle & equipment maintenance and licensing.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Connecticut state driver's license with a Public Service Endorsement required.
- Three years in customer service-orientated field, with at least one year in transportation related career preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment, selection, placement, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or any other employment decision made by St. Vincent’s Health Services based on the needs of St. Vincent’s Health Services and the job related qualifications and abilities of the candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, union affiliation, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, job assignments, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)