We Are Hiring
Neurodiagnostic Tech - Neurodiagnostic Lab 001 - FT Days, 80 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's Hospital-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform electroneurodiagnostic testing.
- Performs set up and preparation of equipment/supplies for ordered test.
- Reviews patient's history, obtains any necessary information or documentation and provides education to patient about procedures. Monitors and documents patient's condition at all times and reports any adverse reactions.
- Operates and maintains a variety of equipment to obtain diagnostic data, which may include EEG (Electroencephalography), EP (Evoked Potential), and PSG (Polysomnography) equipment. Recognizes and corrects for artifacts.
- Scores/graphs, documents and reports results of diagnostic procedures.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Electroencephalographic Technician credentialed from the ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing & Accreditation (ABRET) obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Technologist specializing in Neurophysiologic Intraop Monit credentialed from the ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing & Accreditation (ABRET) obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Technologist specializing in Evoked Potential credentialed from the ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing & Accreditation (ABRET) obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Tech specializing in Nerve Conduction Study obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree testing
- ABRET board eligible candidate with current R. EEG T. or R. EP T. credential preferred
- Graduate of a CAAHEP neuromonitoring program, or bachelor degree in IONM or healthcare science preferred
- None required
- Certification in Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring CNIM preferred
- Three years intraoperative neuromonitoring experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.