We Are Hiring
Paramedic-Transport - Ambulance - Full - Time, 36 hours/week Rotating 12 hour shifts with every other weekend (eligible for 2 weekends off per year)- Howard Young Medical Center - 240 Maple St - Woodruff,WI
$2,000 Sign on bonus for external candidates!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport.
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
- Completes daily vehicle checks including documenting repairs needed and cleaning the vehicles.
- Re - stocks vehicle supplies and medications and monitors expiration dates.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of ACLS, the ACLS-Instructor will be accepted.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council OR credentialed from the National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration (NHTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have no moving traffic violations for at least one year and no major violations (i.e., hit and run, driving while intoxicated, etc.) for at least three years.
- Licensed Paramedic credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Obtain an endorsement of Critical Care Paramedic License by the state of WI within 1 year.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Completion of the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) approved Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Course required within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Paramedic specializing in Critical Care Ground (CCPC) credentialed from the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. Associates hired prior to 11/20/16 must obtain by 6/30/17.
- Certified Paramedic specializing in Flight (FPC) credentialed from the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. Associates hired prior to 11/20/16 must obtain by 6/30/17.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Paramedic credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- HS or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program required Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Care or related field preferred
- Three (3) years (minimum of 4000 hours) of clinical experience in the field of the primary work by hire or transfer date required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement