We Are Hiring
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surgery - Full-Time,Day
St. Vincent Dunn -1600 23rd Street - Bedford,IN
Shift Details: Typically 7A - 3:30P M - F. Flex hours to the Case Schedule. Call til 7A.
- Dunn OR Size: 2 OR Room, 1 Endo Room, 1 Pre Post Room, 2 Holding Rooms, Med Surg is taken over (there are logistical challenges).
- takes more staff because of these challenges.
- volume is higher for Dunn than Clay.
- CSTs at Dunn are also working as Instrument Techs.
- CSTs act as PCT and Instrument Techs in down time.
- There are OR Techs who are CSTs without Certs who were grandfathered in.
- CSTs from Clay go to Dunn sometimes but never the other way around.
- Cases at Dunn: General, Endo, C Sections, OBGYN, Urology, Eyes.
- %80 + of Call in is because of C Sections or V Back (mom who wants vaginal birth after having a C Section in the past.
- Cases at Clay: Ortho, C Sections.
- Call at Dunn: 24/7 (if CST isn't working, they're on Call.) Rotating split currently amongst 3 CSTs.
- PRN CST don't have to do Call but can if they want.
- Call at Clay: 6 month trial starting in February.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)