We Are Hiring
Clinical Documentation Supervisor RN HIM | Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, Milwaukee, WI | Full Time Days | 40 Hours Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee was founded in 1848 as the state’s first private, full-service hospital. Our Lake Dr location is conveniently located miles from downtown with beautiful views of Lake Michigan.
Being tied to Ascension means you are part of a national health system. Ascension operates more than 2,600 sites of care, including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 21 states.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development
- Well-being programs and holistic growth opportunities
- Work-life balance through generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Medical, dental, vision and retirement match
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily operations of the clinical documentation department.
- Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Determines daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Identifies and utilizes data to support strategic development and improvement activities, value-based purchasing reimbursements, quality/outcomes and compliance requirements.
- Oversees the review of physician documentation to support a patient's level of care and appropriate designation of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs). Develops action plans for improvement.
- Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Information Administrator credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 year of experience required. 4 years of experience strongly preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement