We Are Hiring
VP-Physician Svcs - AMG Admin Hospital Care - Full-Time,Day - Heritage Center - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension Medical Group (AMG) was officially launched in July 2015 and includes nearly 7,000 full- time providers, and spans 16 states including the District of Columbia, making AMG one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States.
AMG was created with the central principle of developing a high performing medical group which unites a community of providers through a common culture that advances the Quadruple Aim of delivering exceptional health outcomes, an exceptional experience for the people we serve, and an exceptional experience for providers, at an affordable cost. AMG commits to a provider-led platform for national and local decision-making. With a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable, we are dedicated to spiritually-centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
AMG is driven by the passion to restore the joy of practice to all providers. We will work closely with our partners in pursuit of our shared goals and do this in a way that supports clinically integrated systems of care and sustains our ministry now and in the future.
What You Will Do
As the Vice President Physician Services, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Vice President of Operations in the successful implementation and execution of strategic goals and oversee clinical activities and quality across the organization.
- Directs the development of strategic and financial goals for physician services through the creation of policy and program initiatives, including long range financial planning and marketing strategies.
- Ensures efficient and effective management and leadership of strategic, administrative, operational, and financial initiatives for physician services.
- Develops and implements physician service standards and operating systems to enhance the effectiveness of physician services
- Serves as liaison between Board of Directors, leadership, financial institutions, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Analyzes systems and procedures and designs, develops and recommends improved management techniques and practices to ensure improved workflow, efficiency and patient and referring physician satisfaction.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of our patients, physicians and clinical staff.
- Identifies, cultivates and develops emerging physician leaders, provide coaching and mentoring by identifying deficits and needs for physician leadership training and opportunity.
- Builds and cultivates strong physician relations within all of Ascension’s operating entities.
- Leads and implements the clinical direction for the Ascension Medical Group as part of a high-functioning dyad ambulatory leadership team.
- Responsible for monitoring, measurement and quality improvement of clinical care utilizing evidence-based best practices to support, promote and oversee patient safety, continuous performance and quality improvement, risk management and efficient resource utilization.
- Provides leadership to management within areas of responsibility, to include but not limited to;
Quality and Safety
Peer Review and Credentialing
Growth and Strategic Planning
- Oversees the development and continuous improvement of services, policies, processes, and programs, including medical practice review, governance, credentialing, privileging, peer review, medical information systems, and telemedicine opportunities.
- Oversee operations, budget, financial targets, and human resources management.
- Assists in evaluating new clinical business line opportunities that align with the strategic vision, by actively engaging in strategic planning for service line business plan development. Monitors market trends, market share data and physician practices to look for opportunities for business growth. Implements new clinical initiatives and business plans as directed as the executive lead.
- Directs and oversees process for counseling and managing issues of physician professional conduct. Ensures adherence and completion of medical staff decisions regarding peer review and physician behavioral issues.
- Leads the development of continuing medical education (CME), and other relevant education programs for medical staff.
- Ensures licensing and other governmental and regulatory requirements. Participates in surveys and inspections by accrediting/licensure bodies.
- Monitors major issues and trends in the practice of medicine and area of health policy advising medical staff and executive leadership in relation to organization activities.
- Serves as an advocate, intermediary and facilitator with external regulators for regulatory matters. Facilitates system training and implementation for physicians and assists in development of training modules and other EMR features.
- Facilitates development, training and implementation of High Reliability Organization principles for physician activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Physician MD/DO in Wisconsin is required.
- Board Certification in primary medical specialty is required.
- Completion of an accredited medical school and residency program is required.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Business Administration, Medical Management or related field is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Physician Executive leadership role in an integrated medical group or hospital setting with progressively more responsible management levels, is required.
- 10 years’ experience in Physician Executive leadership in an integrated medical group setting, is preferred.
- Additional experience in voluntary Medical Staff leadership positions and/or committee membership is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement