We Are Hiring
Radiologic Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology
Part-Time, Evening (7% shift differential) : 3p - 11:30p and 6p - 2:30a, weekends and some holidays
Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to operate radiographic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic radiographs and images. Performs diagnostic procedures according to established standards and radiation safety practices. Works directly with patients, radiologists, physicians and fellow associates. Follows established rules, regulations policies and procedures of Genesys Regional Medical Center. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- 1. Delivers quality patient care. This includes the use of universal precautions, sterile technique and assuring maintenance of patient confidentiality and the practice of appropriate medical ethics.
- 2. Produces quality radiographs by selecting the appropriate technical factors, correctly positioning the patient, selecting the appropriate contrast media as requested by the radiologist and manipulating the various equipment components properly. This includes obtaining portable radiographs in the various nursing units, operating rooms and emergency departments, based on information such as patient age, physical condition and disease processes.
- 3. Represents the hospital in a positive manner both in and outside the work area. Practices good guest relations in promoting the image of the Radiology department and Genesys Regional Medical Center.
- 4. Ensures proper patient identification prior to the exam. Properly identifies finished radiographs with patient name, medical record number and date. Also enters procedure performed into the hospital management information system and network system.
- 5. Maintains adequate patient radiation protection to assure the least possible exposure is given. This includes the use of lead shielding and other radiation protection devices when and where appropriate.
- 6. In order to maintain and enhance expertise; keeps current on new developments, trends, equipment and procedures through technical journals, educational programs, in-services and seminars.
- 7. Assists in the instruction and training of radiology students and new employees.
- 8. Acts as a technical resource for the radiology residents and radiologists.
- 9. Exercises independent judgment in the absence of management. Reports all equipment malfunctions to management or service representatives.
- 10. Keeps work areas and equipment clean and orderly.
- 11. Maintains supplies necessary to perform the job.
- 12. Assists with clerical duties and transportation of patient when required.
- 1. Must demonstrate good guest relations skills, good communication skills, tact, diplomacy and be dependable.
- 2. Must perform all the duties of position with discretion and maintain patient confidentiality
- 3. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all the duties of the position.
- 4. Must be neat and clean in personal appearance and adhere to hospital dress code.
- 1. Ability to be mobile and have normal manual dexterity.
- 2. Ability to assist, move, transfer and lift patients.
- 3. Ability to move standard radiological equipment.
- 4. Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing, by telephone, and with staff, physicians and patients.
- 5. Ability to plan, follow directions and problem solve.
- 6. Ability to teach and instruct.
- 7. Ability to learn to operate the hospital, radiology computer systems and AGFA networking.
- Lifting, assisting, supporting and transferring patients and supplies. Standing and walking for a greater part of the day. Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards. Exposed to patient illnesses and communicable diseases. Work setting is hospital wide.
- All employees are required to participate in the following orientations: New employee orientation;
- Center/ department orientation.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or be certified by the American Registry of Clinical Radiography Technologists (ARCRT); renewal is required.
- Some College - 2 Years
- Must possess equivalent of a high school diploma, and must have completed an accredited 2 year radiology program
- Experience preferred, not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.