We Are Hiring
Stroke Coordinator, APRN-Clinical Nurse Spec-Acute - Neuro Support Svcs 001 - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
The St. Vincent Neurosciences Institute is a center or excellence for neuroscience services at St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital. We provide advanced, comprehensive care for patients with neurological problems.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Stroke Coordinator, you will be the representative of a comprehensive, Joint Commission Certified program, for the St. Vincent Neurosciences Institute
- Provides advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization working with stroke patients.
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Serves as an expert with Joint Commission Certification process.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Works effectively with multidisciplinary clinical team members.
- May assess the learning needs of patients and families and develops and/or implements teaching programs.
- Exhibits good organization and leadership skills with knowledge of quality improvement principles
What You Will Need
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Stroke related specialty certification (CCRN, CCNS, CNRN)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and
- Master's degree required
- Three years as an RN in an acute care facility required.
- Preferred experience as a Stroke Coordinator in a Joint Commission Certified Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)