We Are Hiring
Coordinator - Medical Staff - Medical Affairs Admin 001 - PRN Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Coordinator-Medical Staff with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to coordinate processing of applications, appointments, and administrative support services for medical staff and health professionals.
- Handles the billing, collection, and deposit of medical staff dues.
- Schedules, coordinates and attends all assigned department and committee meetings, conferences and special events in support of medical staff credentialing activities.
- Communicates with both internal and external customers concerning the credentialing activities and operation of the department, including verification requests regarding hospital privileges, past residencies, and fellowships.
- Ensures data integrity. Maintains adequate documentation for analysis, data retrieval, and troubleshooting of systems and databases.
- Maintains current credential files on all employed/contracted physicians for physician groups.
- Develops, updates, and maintains matrix of physician participation/enrollment with contracted payers and distributes to management, physicians and office staff.
- Notifies contracted payers of any physician changes or other pertinent information.
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.