We Are Hiring
Athletic Trainer - School Programs - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Via Christi Rehab Hospital - Wichita, KS
Weekend extra event coverage, such as Friday night football games, state events on Saturday/ Sunday throughout the season. As needed ATC coverage starting at 3 pm for high school practice.
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. In Wichita, we were voted best in town by the Wichita Eagle’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards. Via Christi is also nationally recognized, being named in Becker’s Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Athletic Trainer with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to assess injuries and manages comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- Develop conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Design and implement comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluate and manage injuries. Maintain medical documentation on each athlete and act as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepare athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)