This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Physician Assistant - BFM Plainwell - Full-Time,Rotating - Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MI
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Assesses information and/or symptoms of patient by phone in order to prescribe treatment or refer to appropriate resources.
- Routinely performs diagnostic procedures such as: drawing venous blood, Papanicolaou smears, collecting culture specimens, EKG interpretation, and other procedures commensurate with experience and training.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program as of start date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.