We Are Hiring
Clinical Informatics Lead - System Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Dell Childrens - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to analyze, manage and communicate health information through clinical information systems and applications.
- Leads basic or moderately complex projects/activities on a semi-regular basis.
- Conducts analysis of clinical and organizational needs. Identifies, designs and evaluates clinical information systems and applications.
- Makes recommendations to management on new processes, tools and techniques, or development of new products and services.
- Makes decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group; provides guidance to and/or assists staff on non-routine or escalated issues.
- Participates in the development of organizational policies and initiatives related to collecting, managing, and communicating clinical information.
- Ensures information systems policies, procedures and technologies comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Designs and delivers training materials to educate users about information technologies.
- Leads/facilitates work-groups charged with defining design options and making design recommendations.
- Recruits clinicians for work groups and meets with clinicians for competency validation.
- Prepares and communicates reports for leadership regarding the status of projects.
- Participates in creating scenarios, test scripts and conducting user acceptance reviews.
- Resolves complex or sensitive issues or problems related to project(s). Integrates, coordinates, and plans resources to achieve strategic goals.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)