We Are Hiring
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST
PRN, Rotating shift
Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate Degree, or Technical Degree
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- A BLS credential through the American Heart Association
- Min 2 years experience as a surgical tech with experience in any or all of the following services: General surgery, plastics, trauma, ortho, neuro
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- In addition, you will work in a busy environment within multiples ORs. You will prepare operating rooms, ensure that all of the equipment needed for the procedure is properly disinfected and assembled, and check that the equipment is in working order. You will prepare patients for surgery, possibly clean, shave and disinfect the areas of a patient's body that will be operated on and then move patients to the OR and position them on the operating table. In addition, you will monitor patients' and assist during surgery in passing sterile surgical equipment, such as scalpels and forceps, to surgeons. Additional responsibilities as needed within job scope.
WHO ARE WE?
Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area’s only non-profit mental health hospital, and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Because we gain our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. And we grow it by looking after one another. From our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas, Seton is an environment for excellence. We are changing healthcare for the better. Together.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Come join our family of change-makers. Apply now.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.